The Singer One takes it’s style from the original Singer Sewing Machines with it’s fantastic silver decals to give it the Vintage feel but with a very modern sewing machine.
While it may look retro, some of the features of this sewing machine are fantastic and it is fully loaded with some of the most up to date technology such as SwiftSmart and the Drop and Sew system which makes sewing on this model a dream.
Singer One Features Include:
- OneTouch Stitch Selection with 24 easy to select built in stitches included. This selection automatically selects the optimal stitch size to achieve better results. Stitch patterns included are 6 basic, 12 decorative, 2 buttonhole and 4 stretch stitch styles.
- Buttonhole sewing is a simple one step process with the Singer One achieving perfect results every time. Every side of the buttonhole is sewn in exactly the same direction so the buttonholes created are perfectly balanced.
- The Swiftsmart Threading System guides the thread straight from the spool to the needle area through a single groove. You can simply pull a lever for simple one touch threading.
- The Singer One features 3 LED lights to light up the sewing surface to improve visibility. These bulbs are LED so will last over 100,000 hours and stay cool no matter how long you use the machine for.
- With the Drop and Sew Bobbin system there is no need to raise the bobbin thread before sewing, you simply just drop and sew!
- The Presser Foot Sensor makes sure that the Presser Foot is in the correct position to make sure you get an easy start, if it isn’t you will hear a beep to let you know it isn’t down properly.
- The Sewing Space on the Singer One is massive at (374 mm/14.7”) providing a bigger working space which is a must have for quilting, home decor or other large projects.
- When either a width or length of a stitch is changed the QuickView Stitch Setting will change to show a yellow LED to notify that the change has occurred.
We are just retrieving the latest prices for you!
Submit your review
The design of the Singer One is gorgeous, with the silver decals and the lines it is beautiful. I was waiting to get a Singer 160 anniversary machine but I waited too long so the Singer One was the next best thing available to me.
I am not a sewing pro so I am still getting the hang of getting the “perfect stitch” but it does make it real easy when it comes to threading for you and changing stitching options just by pressing a button.
I absolutely love my new machine. From getting it out of the box easily to plugging it in and reading the instructions I knew it was going to be great.
The bobbin just popped straight in and threaded so easily and I can see me using this for many years to come.
One thing I did notice was that it was so much quieter than my last machine which was a Brother but seems much more powerful!