The Singer Futura XL400 is a simple to use sewing and embroidery machine. It has everything you will need to complete a massive range of sewing or embroidery projects.
It boasts a range of state of the art features including the SwiftSmart Threading System which will allow you to thread with one hand. Buttonholes can be sewn in only one step and will be a perfect size every time.
Make your sewing projects shine
When you buy the XL400 sewing and embroidery machine you get the latest Futura Software (Windows only).
Customise designs on your computer screen. Merge designs into one file and personalise your embroidery. Choose custom colours for threads using the colour numbers included in the software.
Rotate embroidery in one degree increments for precision placement and many design options. Flip your designs horizontally or vertically or repeat designs in the same project.
You can create your own logos by adding text and even copy and pasting and it’s on fabric within minutes. Let your creativity lead you.
Not just an embroidery machine
30 stitch options give you a massive choice of sewing options. With a width of up to 7mm you can make your decorative stitches bold and beautiful.
The needle can be programmed to stay up or down to make pivoting easy. It also helps with accurate stitch placement and applique sewing.
It’s easy to sew bulky fabrics or many layers because the extra high presser foot allows you extra height.
This machine makes Sewing and Embroidery fun, surprise yourself at some of your creations.
We are just retrieving the latest prices for you!
- Sewing’s single biggest timesaver – The Swiftsmart Threading System with Automatic Needle Threader.
- 30 Stitches – For a wide variety of sewing. You will always have the perfect stitch for every project. Includes 6 Basic, 5 Stretch, 17 Decorative and 2 Buttonhole stitches
- The amazing Speed Control means you can reduce the speed when you need to slow it down for precise sewing.
- Extra Large Sewing Space – The arm length to the right of the needle is 210 mm (8 ¼”) which gives space for quilts and other large projects.
- You can wind a bobbin while you are embroidering or sewing as there is a Separate Bobbin Winding Motor.
- Drop & Sew™ Bobbin System – Automatic bobbin thread pick up for quicker threading. The clear cover makes it easy to see the bobbin supply.
- The sewing area is lit by the 6 Staybright LED lights that last for over 100,000 hours with no excess heat
- The 2 built-in spool pins are great for twin needle sewing, topstitching and speciality sewing.
- Electronic Twin Needle Function – Limit the width of the switch when using the twin needle.
- Connects to the computer using a USB cable and works with any Windows OS (Windows XP or higher)
- The 2 Snap-On Hoops included (10″ x 6″ and 4″ x 4″) means you can embroider in a variety of sizes.
- Over 120 Embroidery Designs come included with the Singer Futura XL400.
- You can embroider large designs (18 ½” x 11”) thanks to the multi hoop capabilities.
- Stitches appear on the screen exactly how they will sew. It makes it simple to predict how your embroidery will look before you even start.
- General-purpose foot
- Button sewing foot
- Zipper foot
- Buttonhole foot
- Seam Ripper / Brush
- 3 x Bobbins
- Darning plate
- Large and small spool caps
- Pack of needles
- Seam guide
- Soft canvas dust cover
- Instruction Manual
- Foot Control and lead
Submit your review
My previous machine completely gave up on me so I treated myself to a second hand Futura XL400. When it arrived I managed to get it unboxed and running within 25 minutes, which I thought was great.
When plugging it into my computer I just followed the on screen prompts inside the software that was in the box and I was up and running in no time. I have found that to learn new things I often find myself sitting and watching YouTube videos for hours for new techniques and tricks that I would never have even thought of!
My first project was a simple flower where I followed a guide on YouTube and the end result was fantastic if I do say so myself, I would highly recommend using YouTube for tutorials!